Alorro first RP Athlete in 2013 to make SEA Games Bronze Standard, Kyla in good form.
Alorro first RP Track and Field Athlete to make Bronze Medal Criteria for SEA Games in 2013
Julio Alorro leapt 4.72m at the The College of New Jersey/Rider Dual meet on Saturday 2nd February to easily win the event. Alorro who has a personal best of 4.91m which ranked him number three in South East Asia last year. He has met the criteria for the SEA Games bronze medal standard (4.70) within the calendar year of 2013. Alorro who is a dual citizen was born in Quezon City and will compete at the Philippine National Games.
Another Fil-Heritage vaulter Caleb Monticalvo is expected to debut later this month. Kreetha of Thailand the SEA Games champ was ranked number one ahead of Monticalvo and Alorro who are expected to medal at the SEA Games.
Kyla Richardson in good Form
14 year old twins Kyla and Kayla Richardson continued there fine form over the much shorter event of 55m at the UC Irvine open meet on Saturday 2nd February. Kyla registered a winning time of 7.28, and Kayla 7.41 placed third. On conversion these times are around 11.80 and 12.20 for the 100m.
The twins also competed in a 4x200m relay team which clocked 1:38.91 the fastest time in California this year or an average of 24.72 per runner for each 200m.
Fil-Canadian Jonelle Halog ran 7.22 at the McGill Team Challenge in Montreal.
Meanwhile Fil-Aussie Pirie Enzo did not participate this weekend due to bad weather.
- Fil-Heritage athletes Alorro and Halog in action (pinoyathletics.com)
- Richardson Twins open 2013 with PBs in 60m, Fil-Heritage athletes in action! (pinoyathletics.com)
- Cerah Moren aims for the 2015 World Youth Champs in Javelin (pinoyathletics.com)
- List of SEA Games Qualifiers as of 31 Dec, 2012 (pinoyathletics.com)
- Nicolas mark is equal to Filipino Junior Record in Pole Vault (pinoyathletics.com)